Denomination: European Clean Hydrogen Alliance
Objectives: Identify and build up a pipeline of viable investment projects along the hydrogen value chain with a view to shift away from fossil fuels; create a clean hydrogen market and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The Alliance aims at an investment agenda for an ambitious deployment of renewable and, during a transition period, low-carbon hydrogen technologies and solutions until 2030.
Membership: More than 1400 members including Member States, Industrial Actors, NGOs, trade unions, civil society, innovators, research and technology organisations and investor. Six roundtables covers all operations.
The alliance is currently preparing a pipeline of investment projects planned by its members to deploy hydrogen technologies. The Commission collected more than 1000 projects from alliance members and is assessing these against a set of criteria. The objective is to present the investment pipeline featuring individual projects within the time scheduled.
Foundation Date : 8 July 2020
Regional Grouping : Europe
- Renewable and low carbon hydrogen production electrolyses by 2024 (6 GW) and 2030 (46 GW)
- Clean hydrogen transmission and distribution
- Clean hydrogen industrial applications
- Clean hydrogen for mobility
- Clean hydrogen in the energy sector
- Clean hydrogen for residential applications
To see more :